Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Karrie Myer-Taylor Gluten Free Sweets


Karrie’s Gluten Free Desserts

I love pastries, cookies, cakes, brownies and anything that has at least a cup of sugar in it.  There's something about diving into a sinful goodie that puts a smile on my face. 
I am very lucky to not have any food allergies, I mean I can eat anything but I’ve noticed over the past few years that after eating these delicious goodies I feel sluggish with a complete loss of energy.  I’ve read that maybe consuming items that are Gluten free could change this for me and so I tried Karrie’s Gluten Free Desserts. 

I found Karrie advertised on Zaarly and boy was I SHOCKED, what I once thought gluten free to be, was in fact far from the truth.  My image of gluten free had been one of dry tasting cardboard with little flavor.  Karrie’s gluten free desserts are amazing, full flavor, and exotic.  

Karrie decided to start baking gluten free items after realizing she had a gluten allergy and couldn’t find great desserts that she had once enjoyed.  Sure, there were gluten free bread and gluten free bagels on the market but what about good homemade cookies and homemade brownies?

Karrie’s brownies are moist, rich and decadent.  My favorite of all was the gingerbread cookies filled with a lemon butter cream sooooo Good!!!  The fragrant creamy lemon filling added a perfect balance to crisp ginger cookie.  I also had the most decadent red velvet cupcake that was spit in half and filled with a cinnamon cream.  Who would have thought of putting cinnamon in the middle of a cupcake? The cinnamon cream added a bit of heat to the dense velvet cupcake.   Also consumed were the peanut butter sandwich cookies which had a fudgy chocolate center.  They reminded me of those Stella Dora Swiss fudge cookies in which I’d consume the entire package in one sitting. Not to mention you cannot tell that any of her desserts are gluten free.  

 I am so lucky Karrie’s desserts are 3000 miles from my house otherwise I wouldn’t be able to fit in my clothing.  

You can find Karrie’s Desserts here:










No comments:

Post a Comment