Monday, December 31, 2012

Dynamo Donut--San Francisco--Mission District

Dynamo Donut—Mission District
www.dynamodonut.com
2760 24th Street San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 920-1978
$
 
I love the Mission district of San Francisco; it’s filled with artistic, religious murals on random buildings as Mexican culture permeates the air. 
I had been planning our visit to Dynamo Donut for some time.  I had seen it on the Food network as they are known for their bacon glazed donuts, anything with bacon must be fabulous.  I was excited to think about what I was about to experience.
When you arrive to Dynamo donuts you place your order at the store front stand.  I was greeted by a friendly guy who offered me three more free donuts simply because they didn’t want them to go to waste since they were expecting to be much busier.  Who gives anything for free anymore?  I was happily appreciative! Gimme donuts, gimme donuts!
These were in the box: Apricot cardamom, Bacon Glazed, Guinness and Hibiscus. $3.00-$3.50 each.
After receiving my donuts neatly wrapped in a white box, we walked to the back of the store and found a cozy table.  I couldn’t wait to get my taste buds on the bacon donut and then I did...  The glaze was a light maple and the donut was a bit dry.  I tasted all of the donuts and thought that there was something missing from them all.  They were all a bit dry and tasteless.  Dynamo left me a bit disappointed as I found myself consuming these donuts thinking why am I still eating them if they aren’t good? 
Sadly, I found myself comparing these donuts to the Donut plant in NYC, now THOSE are donuts!  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment