Sunday, December 30, 2012

JoJu Vietnamese Restaurant--- Elmhurst, NY

I was in the need of a great Banh Mi sandwich without having to schlep to manhattan to our sandwich place on University Place. After a quick search on yelp I found JoJu. The reviews were great but I needed to try it for myself. And so we were off to Elmhurst.

Once we arrived the place was empty but it was still only noon and i am sure the place gets busier as the day progresses.

We both ordered the pork belly Banh Mi and a large Thai iced tea. The wait was about 7 minutes before the arrival of our sandwiches.

Everything was fresh. The bread was crunchy and chewy, hard on the outside soft in the middle. The carrots freshly julienned and lightly pickled. The cilantro and hot pepper added a nice fresh spicy bite. The pork belly was cooked to perfection. Sweet and succulent with a slight hint of five spice. The mayonnaise added a nice creamy base that held everything together.

Now, I've had many Thai iced teas as I am quite the connoisseur this Thai iced tea was not sweet but felt like a meal replacement. Overall I thought it was good.

Total: $19.05

In Queens?  Want a Banh Mi?  Go here!



















No comments:

Post a Comment